Collins / Lexibase electronic dictionaries
These electronic dictionaries are recommended for college graduates, and can help users to enrich their vocabulary and knowledge of foreign languages. Besides the diversity and accuracy of the terminology resources, Collins/Lexibase dictionaries offer a unique range of functionalities: pronunciation module, powerful search engine, conjugator, etc.
- Diversity and accuracy of content guaranteed by the Collins brand, famous for over a century. In a single entry, the user has access not only to different translations, but also to idiomatic expressions based on the keyword.
- Conjugator module allowing the user to access all verb tenses and modes, and to identify conjugated forms (available in French, English, German and Spanish).
- Natural-sounding pronunciation module for all the words and expressions included in the dictionary, with speed adjustment feature. (available in French, English, German and Spanish).
- Very clear interface using colours for optimized data presentation. At-a-glance display of definitions, translations, contextual meanings, and examples. Zoom in/ Zoom out option. Text can be resized.
- A wide range of powerful search options for instant access to the right word. Search options include alphabetical and approximate search, full text search, and "intelligent" cross search.
- Hypertext links for finding out more about a word or expression by clicking directly on the entry.
- A "collaborative" function offering the possibility to build a personalized dictionary within the user's environment and contribute to a collaborative dictionary by sharing data.