- InfoLangue is a new e-platform designed to enhance foreign language comprehension through authentic audio and video files available in their original version.
- • An open and dynamic platform
- • Diverse, original content
- • Available in English, Spanish and German
- • Suitable for primary school and first two years of high school
- • Version for technical colleges > See LinguaPro
InfoLangue is a multimedia platform for teachers and students, designed to support listening comprehension in foreign language learning.
- A range of original audio and video files
- Support tools (dictionaries, pronunciation, recording…)
- Self-training and self-assessment tools
- An open and dynamic platform
- Available only in French as interface language, for the moment
- An efficient tool for working on your English, Spanish or German communication skills
- Suitable for primary schools and first two years of high school
- Version for technical colleges > See LinguaPro
A careful selection of media made with the help of users
- Original multimedia files in English, Spanish or German from well known sources
- A range of topics of educational and cultural interest, following official guidelines: various points of view are expressed on social topics such as ecology, environment, health or globalization.
- Files in various formats: trailers for movies like The Queen or Das leben der Anderer, scenes from cultural movies like Cria Cuervos, interviews with personalities like Al Gore, Nicolas Cage, Meryl Streep or Oliver Stone, contemporary poems or classic documentaries.
Varied content and customized learning activities
InfoLangue can be used during school classes, from primary school to last year of high school, under teacher's guidance or independently.
For each media, predefined paths and optional tools, developed by a specialized team, are offered. They allow different approaches to the media and encourage development of comprehension or verbal communication skills, either with guidance or independently.
High-performance yet simple to use features
You can choose a media directly or by using the search engine, applying various filters, such as language, topic, level or keywords. The media can be watched continuously or cut into sequences.
Along with the images, the text is displayed including notes on difficult or interesting words or expressions. Access to Collins Lexibase dictionary enables users to enrich their knowledge.
InfoLangue also offers extra innovative tools for improving verbal skills, such as the option of listening to pronunciation, recording, downloading audio files or printing written info.
Attractive graphics and smooth browsing experience:
Clear user-friendly interface based on compatible Flash technology.
- Choosing a module
With InfoLangue, one can approach differently a media, audio or video, and use all or part of the application's features. These different usages were predefined through four modules:
Oral comprehension, advanced comprehension, speaking practice and free practice.
Upon the module, a document's listening can be made continuously, in sequences, successively, limited or not, together or not with the transcription, with or without access to certain tools. Whatever the module chosen, you can consult and print all the info from the Guide (time length, level, producer, summary) and the context elements of the media and lexical help. You also have the possibility to download the audio file for most of the medias and you have access to all the activities suggested, at each moment.
- Reading a media file in InfoLangue and using its features
On the home page, when you launch a media file, the page will display the file, the scroll bar, the various sequences of the media, the learning content, and the toolbar.
- The toolbar allows access to all different features, which become active, upon the path you take: you can display or hide a transcription, listen to the pronunciation, access Collins Lexibase dictionary, download the audio file, access the self-assessment tools, the modules, record your own voice...
- The search engine
To search for a media file in the available files database, apply one or several filters, after having selected the language: the theme derived from the official guidelines, the level indexed upon the Common European Reference Frame, keywords, source, the type of media or time length
Watch the demo: http://infolangue.com/site/demo.php
InfoLangue, a dynamic platform
You have just come across the first version of InfoLangue. This platform is dynamic and updated regularly with new audio and video content.
It can be customized to 6th and 5th grade or to be used in the business environment and it can include other languages as well. LinguaPro is the version designed for technical colleges.
In the "author" version, InfoLangue also allows users to publish their own content such as media libraries or other tools.
Contact us for more info.