LinguaPro is a new multimedia platform designed for teachers and students of technical colleges, for helping them in the listening comprehension of foreign languages.
- A base of original files ( audio and video)
- Supportive tools (dictionary, registration, pronunciation...)
- Self-training and self-assessment tools
- Available only in French as interface language, for the moment
- An efficient tool in working on your English, Spanish or German communication skills
- To be used from primary school until the final year of highschool
- Contents are adapted to technical colleges programs.
- Adjusted to the schools programs of 2009-2010
A careful selection of media made with the help of the users
- Original multimedia files in English, Spanish or German
- Diverse and compelling topics of pedagogical and cultural interest, following the official guidelines. The files content related to the professional environment, career development and discovery of various jobs. Some files talk about daily life issues in the format of documentaries, interviews, movie excerpts.
- They aim at helping users understand better basic tasks described in the new languages programs.
A rich content and customized learning tools
LinguaPro can be used during school classes, from the primary school until last year of highschool
, under a teacher's guidance or independently. For each media, predefined paths and optional tools, developed by a specialized team, are proposed. They allow different approaches of the media and enable, upon each person's objectives, the development of the comprehension skills or of the verbal communication skills, under guidance or independently.
High-performance yet simple to use features
You can choose a media directly or by using the search engine, applying various filters, like the language, the topic, the level or even filling in some keywords. The media can be watched continuously or cut into sequences.
Along with the images, the text is displayed and it includes notes on the words or expressions that are difficult or of a particular interest and you have access to Collins Lexibase dictionary to enrich your knowledge.
InfoLangue also offers you complementary and innovative tools for improving your verbal skills such as the option to listen to the pronunciation, to record, download audio files or even print written info.
An attractive graphical presentation and smooth browsing experience.
An elaborated visual interface, clear and user-friendly based on compatible Flash development.
- Choosing a module
With LinguaPro, one can approach differently a media, audio or video, and use all or part of the application's features. These different usages were predefined through four modules:
Oral comprehension, advanced comprehension, oral practice and free practice.
Upon the module, a document's listening can be made continuously, in sequences, successively, limited or not, together or not with the transcription, with or without access to certain tools.
Whatever the module chosen, you can consult and print all the info from the Guide (time length, level, producer, summary) and the context elements of the media and lexical help. You also have the possibility to download the audio file for most of the medias and you have access to all the activities suggested, at each moment.
- Reading a media in LinguaPro and using its features
On the home page, when you launch a media, the reading page will display a file, the scroll bar, the various sequences of the media, the learning content and the toolbar.
- The toolbar allows access to different features, which become active, upon the path you take.
- The search engine
For searching a media in the files base available, select the language and then apply one or multiple filters: the topic derived from the official guidelines, the indexed level according to the Common European Framework of Reference, keywords, source, media type or even time length.
Visual demo: http://infolangue.com/site/demo.php
LinguaPro, a dynamic platform
You have just come across the first version of LinguaPro. This platform is dynamic and updated regularly with new audio and video content on professional topics.
Just like InfoLangue, LinguaPro is part of a collection dedicated to languages, published by Softissimo. These platforms can be customized to 6th and 5th grade or to the business environment.
In an "author" version, InfoLangue / LinguaPro will also allow users to publish their own content such as media libraries or other tools.
Contact us for more info.